CWG Child Care Stipends - VERY LIMITED—APPLY EARLY!
Center for Women and Gender stipends are available for students who need extra child care coverage during midterms and finals. You may qualify if:
- You are currently enrolled as a USU student for the semester in which you are seeking funding.
- You have responsibility for care of a preschool dependent for more than 50% of the time.
- You are applying for child care funds due to an upcoming midterm or final.
How to Apply
Submit the following to the Center for Women and Gender, attention Child Care Stipends Committee:
- A completed and signed application (available at the Center for Women and Gender and online at www.usu.edu/womenandgender.
- Proof that you have a dependent (for example: a birth certificate, Social Security Card, proof of custody, ect.)
and are responsible for the care of the child more than 50 % of the time. (Can be uploaded during your online application)
- The date, class title, and professor administering your midterm or final. (Completed during onine application)
- If selected for the stipend, please write a thank you letter to express appreciation to your donor.
Deadlines for each semester are the 5th week for midterms, and the 12th week for finals. A check will be issued 5 days after approval. At this time, you will be notified when your funds are available and whom to address your letter of appreciation.
Stipends cannot be used retroactively and must be approved before the date used.
1 Child: $125; 2 Children: $150; 3 Children: $175; 4 Children: $200. (Maximum $200/per year/ per student)
Child Care Stipend Application
Stipend to provide extra funding for childcare during midterms and finals